You can report any business breaking government rules. This includes opening when not permitted to do so, or opening but not following government rules. You can also report anyone exploiting the outbreak by selling products at very high prices.
Trading standards for businesses
Our trading standards team enforces product safety law, which requires all goods to be safe.
The following areas also have specific legislation:
- cosmetic products
- plugs, sockets and electrical products
- personal protective equipment (PPE)
- furniture and furnishings
- children's clothing
- fireworks, lighters, hazardous products and chemicals
- prams and baby accessories
- bicycle and motor parts
Citizens Advice can help with product safety queries.
If you are a business buying or selling any of the above products please contact us for more information.
: 01375 652955