Thurrock Soup is the name of a series of events for people who've had a great business idea to benefit the local community, and want to find out if it can be achieved.
The events are fun, casual evenings where you can:
- enjoy a bowl of soup – a vegetarian soup is always included on the menu
- pitch your idea to other inspired people
- hear from local experts in the business sector who can help make your business dream a reality
How it works
The process is very simple:
- everyone buys a bowl of soup and a bread roll for £5
- the money goes into a pot
- people pitch their ideas
- everyone votes on their favourite
- the winner takes the money to use as capital for their new business
Even if your idea doesn’t win, you will still have the chance to speak with business support organisations that can help you turn your idea into a reality.
How to join in
Thurrock Soup events started in September 2016 and currently take place every few months at a different location around the borough.
The last Thurrock Soup was held on18 September 2019 at the Thameside Theatre Café, Grays. Register for the next event below.