Restrictions Support grants are available for businesses that, by law, must close during the period of national restrictions from 5 November 2020 to 2 December 2020.
We are also providing support to businesses that do not qualify for Restrictions Support grants but are eligible for discretionary support grants, as set out below.
Who is eligible
The discretionary grant scheme is for businesses that:
- do not qualify for 'Local Restrictions Support (Closed) with addendum for National Restrictions' grants
- have either been forced to close between 5 November 2020 and 2 December 2020, or remain open but with trading severely reduced
- can show they were trading from a Thurrock business address up to 4 November 2020
- are not subject to insolvency or striking-off proceedings
- have in-person or staffing occupation at their business address – advertisement-only or fully-automated locations are not eligible
How much grant you may get
Payment award amounts will be:
The total amount of funding available for this scheme has been set initially at £1.5million.
Applying for this grant
If your business is eligible for a discretionary support grant, you should complete and submit the form below as soon as possible.
Applications will be assessed in 2 phases with payments made as soon as possible after each closing date for:
- businesses that applied up to and including the closing date of Sunday 29 November 2020
- businesses that applied up to and including the final closing date of Monday 14 December 2020
All submissions will be checked thoroughly. Action will be taken against any fraudulent claims.
Restrictions Support discretionary grants form