Support grants are available for businesses that, by law, must close during the period of national restrictions from 5 November 2020 to 2 December 2020.
'Local Restrictions Support (Closed) with addendum for National Restrictions' grants are funded by the government and paid to businesses by local authorities.
Who is eligible
To receive a grant payment through us, you must have been:
- registered for business rates and trading as a business from one or more property in Thurrock on 4 November 2020
- required by law to close your whole or substantive business from 5 November 2020 to 2 December 2020 due to national restrictions put in place to manage coronavirus
An example of eligibility where the 'substantive business' has closed would be a bar or pub that is required to close, but which chooses to operate as a takeaway, click-and-collect or online with delivery service during the period of national restrictions.
How much grant you may get
Grants will be paid for each eligible property. This means if your business has more than one property in Thurrock, you will be paid a grant for each one that is eligible.
The amount of grant you get will depend on the rateable value of your property.
For each eligible property you will receive a one-off payment of:
- £1,334 if the rateable value is £15,000 or under
- £2,000 if the rateable value more than £15,000 and less than £51,000
- £3,000 if the rateable value more than £51,000
Receiving your grant
If your business is eligible for a support grant, you should complete and submit the form below as soon as possible.
All submissions will be checked thoroughly. Action will be taken against any fraudulent claims.
Restrictions Support grants for closed businesses