Our Families Together team works with children and young people aged from 10 to 17 years-old and their families.
The team works to help families live together safely and learn to overcome difficulties.
They do this by:
- helping families realise their ability to solve their own difficulties
- helping family members work out ways to overcome their issues
Their approach is to build solutions with families rather than try to solve problems for them.
Families Together only supports children, young people and families that have been referred to them by a social worker from Thurrock Council's Children's Services.
They offer 2 types of service:
- Edge of care
Edge of care
Edge of care support is for children and young people who either:
- are at high risk of coming into care
- have recently been in care and need further support to prevent them returning into care
- have been placed in care for a short time due to a family breakdown and who have a clear plan to return home
Reunification support is for children and young people who have been in care for more than 1 year and who either:
- are due to return home
- need an assessment for a possible return home
How to get in touch
Contact the Families Together team below.
: 01375 652 529