Thurrock Adult Community College is closed temporarily for public visits. We're providing courses using remote online learning and classroom-based learning that follows government safety rules.
Thurrock Adult Community College
We run specially-designed courses at community venues across the borough.
These courses are organised in partnership with organisations such as early years providers, schools, voluntary organisations, community groups and faith groups.
Classes take place in community hubs, children's centres, libraries, school buildings, day centres, hostels and sheltered accommodation – as well as our own Grays Adult Education Centre.
Listed below are examples of courses we've run at community venues in Thurrock.
- English and maths
- English for speakers of other languages (ESOL) training for teachers
- ESOL conversation club volunteer training
- IT and digital skills for the over 60s
- pre-employment skills
Well-being and personal development:
- carers courses
- art and cookery
- Neuro Linguistic Programming (NLP)
- paediatric first aid
- confidence building
- lip reading
- money management
Family learning workshops and courses:
- cooking together, healthy eating and fitness
- school readiness and preparation for transition stages
- parenting classes
- well-being programmes embedding ways to promote positive
Mental and physical health:
- financial literacy for families
- dental care workshops
- supporting children's education
- introduction to working in retail and customer service
- introduction to becoming a Learning Support Assistant (LSA) in schools or colleges.
We are able to bring notebooks or tablet computers to the venue for IT and digital skills sessions, if needed.
Help us provide the right course for your community group – contact us below, and ask about community outreach or family learning.
: 0800 783 7733 or 01375 372 476