Learning disabilities, health problems and difficulties don't have to stop you learning.
Our dedicated Learning Support team work closely with class tutors and other staff, to make sure the classroom meets your needs. The types of support we can offer our enrolled learners includes:
- a confidential initial assessment of your needs
- dyslexia screening
- personalised support in class during courses
- progress review meetings
- in-class support workers
- specialist equipment in classrooms
- special exam arrangements
- sensory enhancement facilities for those with impaired vision or hearing
- wheelchair accessible classrooms and desks
- computer software and accessories to aid accessibility
- personal emergency evacuation plans
It is important to us that all our learners feel safe, welcome and supported throughout their time at college.
We will make all reasonable adjustments to make sure nobody – learners, staff or visitors – attending the college is discriminated against or put to any disadvantage.
If you have a disability, learning difficulty or long-term health condition, please let us know about it before the start of your course, ideally at enrolment. We can then take steps to help you get the most from your learning experience.
Support will be based on the individual learner's needs and expectations. We can liaise with advocates, carers and external agencies to make sure the support we give is appropriate.
Any information you give us will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be passed to others with your prior written consent.
Financial support for students is available from our limited learner support fund.
If you need financial assistance you should ask at the time of enrolment.
: 0800 783 7733 or 01375 372 476