Community grants and funding
ForwardMotion is the name of a campaign to change the way we commute in and around south Essex. The goal is get people thinking about alternatives to travelling by car, and instead make use of public transport, or try cycling or walking.
The campaign is funded by the government's Department for Transport, and is run jointly by Thurrock Council, Essex County Council and Southend-on-Sea Council.
ForwardMotion Grant Scheme
If your voluntary or community or not-for-profit organisation is looking for funding to support people cycling, walking and using public transport, then ForwardMotion may be able to help.
Examples of things ForwardMotion would fund are:
- group or individual cycling activity projects
- group or individual walking activity projects
- projects that create volunteering opportunities in active travel focused activities – for example, bus buddy schemes, bike buddy schemes, led walks, volunteer travel advice
- events or projects that encourage people to try cycling, walking or using public transport
- projects that use cycling, walking or public transport as a way of delivering other objectives – for example, cycling for health, walking groups, helping jobseekers travel to interviews
- arts, culture and community projects that engage people through cycling, walking or public transport or use active travel as a theme
You can apply for grants of between £250 to £20,000.
The deadline for applications is 5pm, Friday 1 March 2019.
To apply, go to ForwardMotion Grant Scheme.