This page is about support for the period from 2 December 2020 up to, and including, 31 January 2021 – go to our support for businesses page for advice covering other periods.
If your business is not eligible for a Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 4 or national restrictions support grant but has been severely affected by restrictions from 2 December 2020 to 31 January 2021, you may be eligible to apply for a discretionary support grant.
If you've already applied for discretionary support covering the period from 5 November 2020 to 2 December 2020, or from 2 December 2020 to 20 December 2020, you don’t need to apply again for the full period up to 31 January 2021 – we will consider your on-going entitlement automatically.
Who is eligible
Your business may be eligible for a discretionary business support grant if it:
- is not eligible for Tier 2, Tier 3, Tier 4 or national restrictions support
- has been forced to close due to local restrictions on or after 2 December 2020, or remains open but with trading severely reduced
- can show they were trading from a Thurrock business address up to 2 December 2020
- is not subject to insolvency or striking-off proceedings
- has in-person or staffing occupation at its business address – advertisement-only or fully-automated locations are not eligible
How much grant you may get
Payment award amounts will be determined proportionally, based on:
- the available funding
- the annual rent or mortgage of eligible business locations in Thurrock
- the extent to which trading has been affected
The total amount of funding available for this scheme is £900,000.
Applying for this grant
If your business is eligible for a local restrictions discretionary support grant, you should complete and submit the form below as soon as possible.
All submissions will be checked thoroughly. Action will be taken against any fraudulent claims.
Payment will be made as soon as possible after your application has been assessed.