Support is available for individuals, businesses and other organisations that have suffered financially due to coronavirus (COVID-19).
Financial support for businesses
A range of business support measures have been made available to UK businesses and employees. You will receive some automatically and will have to apply for others.
Go to our coronavirus (COVID-19) business grants section for details of all grants currently available to businesses via Thurrock Council.
GOV.UK: financial support for businesses during coronavirus (COVID-19) lists other types of financial support you can get for your business.
The government has created a support-finder to help you find the financial support available for your business – go to GOV.UK: find coronavirus financial support for your business.
We have provided direct links to some of this support below:
- GOV.UK: Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme – step-by-step guide for employers
- GOV.UK: Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme – check if you can claim for your employees' wages
- GOV.UK: Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme – check which employees you can put on furlough
- GOV.UK: check if you can claim back Statutory Sick Pay paid due to coronavirus (COVID-19)
- GOV.UK: check if you can claim the Job Retention Bonus from 15 February 2021
- GOV.UK: Kickstart Scheme funding
- GOV.UK: business support grant funds
- GOV.UK: apply for the COVID-19 Corporate Financing Facility
- GOV.UK: deferral of VAT payments due to coronavirus (COVID-19)
- GOV.UK: if you cannot pay your tax bill on time
- GOV.UK: business rates relief for retail, hospitality and leisure businesses
- GOV.UK: business rates relief for nurseries
Go to our business rates page for information on further assistance provided by Thurrock Council
Financial support for the self-employed
If you're self-employed or a member of a partnership and have been impacted by coronavirus (COVID-19), you may be able to use this scheme to claim a grant.
For full details, go to GOV.UK: check if you can claim a grant through the Self-Employment Income Support Scheme.
Financial support for care providers
A summary of our financial support for care providers can be downloaded below.
Financial support for individuals
For full government advice on sick pay and benefits for individuals, go to GOV.UK: Universal Credit – coronavirus and claiming benefits.
Further support is available via:
- Local Council Tax Support
- GOV.UK: Universal Credit
- GOV.UK: Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- GOV.UK: Statutory Sick Pay
We will send new council tax bills automatically to anyone claiming council tax support. These will show a £150 reduction in the bill due to money paid from the government’s Coronavirus Hardship Relief fund.
If you are waiting for a Council Tax Support Assessment, you are able to defer making payments towards your current council tax bill until your application has been assessed.
Universal Credit claimants can apply for a discount of up to 75% on their council tax bill.