You usually get 1 bill a year for each property. The person living in the property normally pays the bill.
Use our online My Account services to:
- get your bills electronically
- check your payment amounts
- check your payment dates
- check the household details that we use to work out your bill
- set up a direct debit
Login to My Account below. You can create an account if you don't already have one.
My Account - council tax
The amount you pay depends on the valuation band given for your property.
||Council tax 2018/19
||Council tax 2017/18
The government expects councils to include an extra amount – called a 'precept' – on all bills to help pay for the rising cost of adult social care. The precept was introduced in 2016/17, and was increased by 3% in 2017/18.
The overall increase for 2018/19 is 5.13%, which is made up of:
- a 3% increase on the precept for adult social care services
- a 1.99% increase on the share that goes to other Thurrock Council services
- a 7.6% increase on the share that goes towards policing and community safety
- a 2% increase on the share that goes towards fire and rescue services
You may be entitled to council tax discounts, exemptions or council tax support depending on your circumstances.
You can pay your council tax online by credit or debit card.
Pay your council tax