Due to essential maintenance work, our online council tax, benefits, bulky waste, Register Office booking and certificate ordering services will be unavailable between 6pm, Friday 21 June and 8am, Monday 24 June. We apologise for any inconvenience.
How much council tax you must pay
You usually get 1 bill a year for each property. The person living in the property normally pays the bill.
Use our online My Account services to:
- get your bills electronically
- check your payment amounts
- check your payment dates
- check the household details that we use to work out your bill
- set up a direct debit
Login to My Account below. You can create an account if you don't already have one.
The amount you pay depends on the valuation band given for your property.
|Valuation band||Council tax 2019/20||Council tax 2018/19|
The overall increase for 2019/20 is 1.70%, which is made up of a:
- 14.16% increase on the share that goes towards policing and community safety
- 2.94% increase on the share that goes towards fire and rescue services
- zero increase on the share that goes to Thurrock Council services
You can pay your council tax online by credit or debit card.
The document below gives more information on budgets how we decide the level of council tax in Thurrock.