The quickest and easiest way to apply for council job vacancies is to submit your application online.
To help you decide if you have the skills needed to apply for a job:
- the advert will give you details of the position
- the job profile within the job description tells you what would be needed from you
- the person specification within the job description tells you the knowledge, skills and experience needed for the role
Applying for the job
When completing an application form:
- fill in all sections of the form
- highlight aspects of your knowledge, skills and experience that meet the essential criteria set out in the job profile and person specification - we use this information to shortlist people for interview
We ask all applicants to fill in the monitoring form. You are not obliged to answer all questions, but the more information you supply the more effective our equal opportunities monitoring will be. If you choose not to answer questions, it will not affect your application. The information you provide here is confidential and will be used solely for monitoring purposes
We do not accept CVs in support of job applications.
We may not be able to consider application forms that have not been fully completed.