We offer a range of employment benefits.
Holiday and time off
We offer a generous annual leave allowance of 25 days which rises to 30 days after 5 years' continuous local government service for full-time employees. The allowances are pro-rata for part-time workers.
Where possible we offer flexible working that allows you to take time off in line with our policy and needs of the service you work in.
If you are moving from another employer covered by the local government employer modification order your service will be counted as continuous.
We offer competitive benefits to staff which include:
- career average pension scheme
- relocation packages
- interest-free loans for green travel such as bikes or public transport season tickets
- salary sacrifice schemes such as childcare vouchers and cycle to work schemes
- maternity, paternity, adoption and shared parental leave above the statutory minimum
- employee assistance programme to provide support to employees both at and outside of work
- flexible working to help balance work and personal life including job sharing, part-time working and home working
- buying additional annual leave
- career break scheme for up to 2 years
- wide range of courses to support employee development
- discounted rates for national restaurants, retailers, attractions and experience days
- discounts with local suppliers including cycle, beauty and fashion stores, restaurants, estate agents and driving schools
- 24-hour health advice and support