We provide information and support to people who have sight loss, hearing loss or both.
You can find out from the NHS about:
We carry out an assessment of your needs to find out how we can help you. We may provide:
- support from a social work
- rehabilitation and mobility training
- advice on your environment
- advice on lighting your home
- equipment advice and demonstration
- information on support from other agencies and voluntary groups
We have a register of people in Thurrock who have sight or hearing loss. The ophthalmologist at your hospital will issue a certificate of visual impairment if they decide your sensory loss is significant, and we will then contact you to explain the benefits of joining our register. We'll also tell you about any local events and services that may interest you.
Other organisations that can help
These organisations may also offer support: