A regular ferry service operates from Monday to Saturday between Tilbury riverside and Gravesend.
Check the Tilbury to Gravesend ferry timetable.
|Single, any time
|Day return, peak time
|Day return, off-peak
When buying ferry tickets:
- peak time fares apply from 5:40am to 9:15am and 4:15pm to 7:10pm
- off-peak fares apply at all other times
- Saver 10 is a weekly ticket that allows passengers to buy one ticket for 10 trips - either peak or off-peak - in advance of their journey, which saves both time and money
- child fares apply to children aged 5 to 15 years-old
- children under the age of 5 can travel free of charge at all times provided they are accompanied by a fare-paying passenger
- no more than 4 children under the age of 5 can accompany each fare-paying passenger
- tickets must be purchased on the ferry itself
The Tilbury to Gravesend ferry is a foot passenger service and cannot transport any type of vehicle except:
- motorcycles with a maximum engine size of 125cc
Contact the crew direct for the latest ferry travel information.
The ferry service is operated by Lower Thames and Medway Passenger Boat Company. It is subsidised by Thurrock Council and Kent County Council.
The contract for subsidies is managed by Kent County Council - if you have any concerns about the service, or about the Town Pier or West Street Pier at Gravesend, go to Kent County Council complaints and feedback.