We follow British Film Commission coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance. For each filming request, we will need a full risk assessment of all COVID-19 specific risks associated with the proposed activity at each location. All cast, crew and contractors on location must be aware of their responsibilities within the risk assessment.
Filming in Thurrock
Thurrock Adult Community College (TACC) is a purpose-built college that offers scores of courses for adult learners. It is additionally a well-equipped venue for training, meetings and conferences.
The college classrooms and corridors can be set-up easily to portray a school or other public building.
How to get there
The college is located close to the centre of Grays – see the map below. It is:
- a 10-minute drive from M25/A13/A127
- a 10-minute drive from intu Lakeside, with shopping, restaurants and leisure facilities
- less than 15-minutes' walk from Grays rail station on the c2c line between London Fenchurch Street and Southend
Why Thurrock Adult Community College is a great film location
Thurrock Adult Community College has:
- various size rooms, including classrooms, meeting rooms and training rooms large enough for up to 30 people, small interview rooms, computer suites and a large conference or assembly hall
- an array of different types of corridors, varying from modern to older
- a large dedicated car park that is locked every night, along with extra land that can be used for vehicular or other storage
- courtyard spaces outside, with or without tables
- a newly-refurbished breakout area
Please read the college's hiring policy and hiring terms and conditions before getting in touch.
Contact us if you are interested in using this unique site for your film location.
Feature – classrooms
Various types of classrooms are available to hire, and come with tables, chairs, whiteboards and televisions. Window-types vary between rooms and range from long older-style to smaller modern-style. Classrooms are situated in different parts of the main building, which means the views from the windows also differ.
Feature – courtyards
There are 2 open air courtyards within the grounds of the building. Table and chairs can be provided, if needed.
Feature – corridors
The college is relatively large so there is ample corridor space to use. There are 2 distinct types of corridors: new and old. These corridors could be disguised not to look like an educational building.
Feature – main hall
The main hall is the largest space in the college and can seat up to 90 people. It has the appearance of a traditional school hall, with both large and small windows, and there are various entrance points from different parts of the building. Equipment in the hall includes a projector and sound system.
On the map
Thurrock Adult Community College, Richmond Road, Grays, RM17 6DN.