1. How many apprentices are there currently at the council
2. How many apprentices got kept on upon completion of their course in 2017 to 2019 and how many of them didn’t get a job?
1. Current apprentices
As at 29 November we have 85 staff studying an apprenticeship.
51 were recruited as apprentices
34 were existing staff that are studying via an apprenticeship to develop new skills and knowledge.
What apprentices that completed their apprenticeships went on to do
53 apprentices completed their studies between 2017 and 2019. The breakdown is as follows
|Year of completion||2017||2018||2019|
|Went on to the next level apprenticeship with us||Fewer than 5||Fewer than 5||Fewer than 5|
|Job at Thurrock Council||5||14||11|
|Job with another employer||Fewer than 5||Fewer than 5|
|Went on to Higher Education||Fewer than 5|
|Unknown||Fewer than 5||Fewer than 5||Fewer than 5|
We are unable to provide an exact number for question 2 above as:
- There is a low number involved.
- The release of this information could identify individuals which would constitute their personal data under the Data Protection Act
- There is no prior expectation on the part of these individuals that their personal information would be published in the wider public domain under the FOI Act
- Personal data of any other person is exempt under section 40 (2) of the Data Protection Act.
However in the interests of transparency we are able to provide this information to you categorised as fewer than 5 to give you an indication of the figures
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.