Freedom of information response

Childrens Home

Publication date: 
Monday 16 March 2020

Please can you provide me with the following information in relation to children that you place in 52 week children’s homes?

1. Can you confirm if you do or do not place in unregulated children’s home

2. If you do place in unregulated children’s homes, please can you provide a list of the names of the providers that you currently use?
3. If placing out of your local authority catchment area, can you detail the location by county of the unregulated children homes?


1. We have no children placed in unregulated children’s homes and when placing in a children’s home confirm that they are regulated.

2. See above

3. See above

You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.

Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.

Request reference:
FOI 9846