1. How much the Council spent on Christmas trees and Christmas lights over the Christmas period (2018/19)?
2. What was the cost of:
- putting the trees and lights (including street lights) up
- taking the trees and lights (including street lights) down again
- the electricity costs over the Christmas period?
- the complete cost of Christmas decorations
Total cost of Christmas scheme for Grays Town Centre in 2018 was £10,300, this included:
- Installation and removal of scheme (tree & lights) – this includes purchasing the tree, storage and transport etc.
- Maintenance & Storage of Christmas lights throughout the year
- Testing of lamp columns
Cost associated with the Christmas tree is £5,393.33. The remaining £4,906.67 is associated to the Motifs/Tree Lights/Switch-On and accompanying services.
In 2017/18: Corringham Community Forum received £27,432 from Community Environmental Development Fund this was for the next three years Christmas lights
Stanford le Hope received £10,000 from Community Environmental Development Fund 2018/19 £10,000 for 1 years 2018-19
Purfleet /South Ockendon/Aveley Forums Christmas lights are funded by the community themselves by funded raising all year round.
Tilbury are given £3,000 toward their lights
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the council have managed your request you can pursue an independent review by contacting us at the above address and your request will be considered by the Information Manager who will update you with the outcome.
You may also wish to refer your case to the Information Commissioner’s Office, details of this organisation can be found at www.ico.org.uk . Alternatively they can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.