Freedom of information response

Cladding Removal

Publication date: 
Thursday 6 June 2019

1 Does the council own any high-rise buildings which required aluminium composite material (ACM) cladding or any other dangerous cladding material to be removed?
2. If so, please provide a list of these buildings. If the council considers any exemption to apply to the names of these buildings, please still provide the list in an Excel spreadsheet but with the 'names' column blank. In the other columns, please provide:
a) the number of storeys
b) the name of the principal contractor when the cladding was originally installed
c) whether or not the cladding has been removed
d) whether or not the cladding has been replaced
e) the name of the principal contractor on the work to remove the cladding
3. Does the council have a policy on what happens to the cladding materials once they have been removed e.g. they are destroyed? If so, please describe that policy.
4. Does the council have a process to ensure that contractors are complying with this policy? If so, please describe that process.
5. Is the council aware that any cladding materials have been sold to third parties after being removed?


1. No

2. N/A

3. N/A

4. N/A

5. N/A

You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes.  However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.

Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information.  Please email if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.

If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the council have managed your request you can pursue an independent review by contacting us at the above address and your request will be considered by the Information Manager who will update you with the outcome. 

You may also wish to refer your case to the Information Commissioner’s Office, details of this organisation can be found at . Alternatively they can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.

Request reference:
FOI 9011