1. How many Fixed Penalty Notices has your council handed out between September 2018 – July 2019 to parents for the following unauthorised school absences:
a. Persistent lateness (arriving after the register has been taken)
b. Unauthorised leave in term time (e.g. being taken out of school for holiday)
c. Delayed return from authorised leave
d. General unauthorised absence/truancy (including parentally condoned absence)
2. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 21 day allocated time frame?
3. How many FPNs have not been paid within the 28 day allocated time frame, and subsequently gone to court?
4. How much revenue has been collected from FPNs between September 2018 - July 2019?
5. Could you please provide a comparison for questions 1-4 for the previous school year (2017-2018)?
a. 2017/18 = 0 2018/19 = 0
b. 2017/18 = 949 2018/19 = 1514
c. 2017/18 = 0 2018/19 = 0
d. 2017/18 = 209 2018/19 = 165
2. 2017/18 = Unable to answer 2018/19 = 479 (for 17/18 we gather data differently now so are unable to answer that question in the same way as 2018/19.)
3. 2017/18 = 96 2018/19 = 73 so far
4. 2017/18 = £59,525 2018/19 = £82,980 so far
5. Question 2 for 2018/19 compared to answer for Question 3; the difference is due to some being paid after the 21 days, some were subsequently withdrawn and some it was not in the public’s best interest to prosecute. It is not possible to break this down further.
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email email@example.com if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the council have managed your FOI request you can pursue an Internal Review by contacting us using the above email address. Your request will be considered by the Strategic Lead for Information Management who will update you with the outcome of the review.
If you remain unhappy following the outcome of your Internal Review you may wish to refer your case to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), details of this organisation can be found at www.ico.org.uk . Please be advised that the ICO will not consider your case until they have confirmation that you have already been through the Internal Review stage with the council.