Can you please disclose information regarding the council’s use of any GIS software? This includes any software the council uses that allows for the distribution and/or use of GIS/Map data over an intranet or the internet for use and consumption by staff and/or the public. Specifically, can you disclose:
1. The name & provider of any GIS software
2. The name & provider of any Street Naming and Numbering (SNN) software
3. The name & provider of any Gazetteer Management (LLPG and/or LSG) software
4. The number & types of license held for each of the above
5. The price of the abo,ve licenses held (if applicable)
6. The renewal date or contract length of the licenses held
7. Can you also please disclose the number of any specific GIS staff within the council and their job titles?
1. ESRI ArcGIS
2. We do not have SNN software
3. IDOX Uniform for LLPG; Symology Insight for LSG
4. Software: ESRI ArcGIS; Number of Licenses 20; Price £26,841; Renewal Date: April 2020
5. Software IDOX Uniform: Number of Licenses 65; Licenses were purchased many years ago we now pay Maintenance & Support. Renewal Date April 2020
6. Software: Symology; Number of Licenses 16 concurrent user licenses and 10 mobile devices; Price: £90,263 per year (excl. VAT).
7. See Question 4 above
8. See Question 4 above
9. Total number of GIS Staff: 1; GIS staff job titles: 1 x GIS Manager
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please mail firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.