1. Please could you tell me if the council is using any surveillance cameras / CCTV cameras that have been supplied by the Chinese firm Hikvision?
2. Could you tell me the number of Hikvision cameras currently in use?
3. Could you tell me when the Hikvision cameras were purchased and how much was paid for them?
4. Are Hikvision cameras being used within council buildings? On streets? In schools?
5. Has the council purchased any other surveillance equipment from Hikvision? If so, please outline what this equipment is.
2. 47 static cameras and 9 PTZ.
3. Between 2015 and 2018, we no longer use Hikvision as a supplier and current ones will be replaced as and when necessary. £9690 in total spent.
4. In use at 1 Sheltered Housing Complex, two libraries, two Council Depots and one Outdoor Education Centre.
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email email@example.com if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the council have managed your request you can pursue an independent review by contacting us at the above address and your request will be considered by the Information Manager who will update you with the outcome.
You may also wish to refer your case to the Information Commissioner’s Office, details of this organisation can be found at www.ico.org.uk . Alternatively they can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.