We kindly request the following data for your council (or for each council under your care individually if you look after more than one council) for these years under the Freedom of Information request:
• Number of ill-health retirement applications made
• Number of successful ill-health retirement applications
• Total Employee Number/Count
• If available, the mean age of ill-health retirement cases for the years listed above
1. Number of ill-health retirement applications made
a = 1
b = 11
c = 9
2. Number of successful ill-health retirement applications
a = 1
b = 10
c = 7
3. Total Employee Number/Count
a = 2242
b = 2334
c = 2537
4. If available, the mean age of ill-health retirement cases for the years listed above
a = 51
b = 56
c = 55
Overall average age for years 2015-2018 = 56
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the council have managed your FOI request you can pursue an Internal Review by contacting us using the above email address. Your request will be considered by the Strategic Lead for Information Management who will update you with the outcome of the review.
If you remain unhappy following the outcome of your Internal Review you may wish to refer your case to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), details of this organisation can be found at www.ico.org.uk . Please be advised that the ICO will not consider your case until they have confirmation that you have already been through the Internal Review stage with the council.