Freedom of information response

Primary school pupils off rolled and Alternative Education Provision

Publication date: 
Thursday 6 June 2019

How many primary school-age pupils were "off-rolled" in your local authority area (left the state-funded school sector without being permanently excluded) between September 1 2017 and August 31 2018? Please provide the age of the pupil.
-Please provide the data for the same period (Sept 1 to August 31) for the following years: 2016/17, 2015/16, 2014/15, 2013/14.
 Alternative education provision and home-schooling
   -How many pupils were home-schooled using online tutoring paid for by the council between September 1 2017 and August 31 2018? How many of these children were primary school school age, and how many were secondary age?
-Please provide the same information (total number of pupils, broken down by primary/secondary) for the same period (Sept 1 - Aug 31) for each of these years: 2016/17, 2015/16, 2014/15 and 2013/14.
-How much was spent on providing this online tutoring? Please provide the figure in pounds for each of the school years listed above (2013/14 - 2017/18), broken down by school year.
-Please provide the name(s) of the organisation(s) providing the online tutoring for home-schooled children.


Request 1:

1. Information not held

2. Information not held

Request 2:

1. None
2. N/A
3. None
4. N/A

You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes.  However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.

Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information.  Please email if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.

If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the council have managed your request you can pursue an independent review by contacting us at the above address and your request will be considered by the Information Manager who will update you with the outcome. 

You may also wish to refer your case to the Information Commissioner’s Office, details of this organisation can be found at . Alternatively they can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.

Request reference:
FOI 9005