1. How many local authority owned residential blocks over 30m/10 stories are in your authority area?
2. How many housing association owned residential blocks over 30m/10 stories are in your authority area?
3. How many local authority and housing association owned blocks over 30m/10 stories had sprinklers installed throughout before the Grenfell Tower fire?
4. Has work started, or is it planned, to retrofit sprinklers in any of these blocks since the Grenfell Tower fire?
5. If the answer to Q4 was yes, how many blocks are to be retrofitted, and what is the projected cost of this work?
6. Have you approached Government for help funding retrofitting of sprinklers? (If yes, please give details in notes e.g. how much requested, number of times approached)
7. How much, if any, funding flexibility has the Government been prepared to give you?
1. Please refer to FOIs 6974 and 7005
2. Please refer to FOI 7005
4. Not at this stage
Q1 – Web link: https://www.thurrock.gov.uk/foi-responses/high-rise-buildings and https://www.thurrock.gov.uk/foi-responses/residential-tower-blocks
Q2 – Web link: https://www.thurrock.gov.uk/foi-responses/residential-tower-blocks