1. Which organisation (if any) does the local authority commission to deliver Return Home Interviews for children who have been missing?
2. How many Return Home Interviews were offered by your local authority (or commissioned service) from 1st April 2018 to 31st March 2019?
3. How many Return Home Interviews were delivered by your local authority (or commissioned service) from 1st April 2018 to 31st March 2019? (i.e. the child was actually interviewed)
4. How many times was child criminal exploitation (CCE), such as county lines, raised as an issue in these Return Home Interviews?
5. Are Return Home Interviews only offered to Looked After Children, or are there other groups that are eligible for Return Home Interviews? If so, please list eligible groups.
1. Open Door
2. 701 referrals to Open Door were made to Open Door in respect of missing episodes
3. Children were interviewed by Open Door, in 124 incidents of the 701 referred
4. While CSE and other vulnerabilities were identified, CE was not specifically identified as an issue in RHIs.
5.Yes: Thurrock LAC and all Thurrock children, whether open to Thurrock CSC, PASS, or not open but who live in Thurrock and who go missing, are offered RHIs. Thurrock LAC placed out of Borough are offered RHIs by Open Door.
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.
If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the council have managed your FOI request you can pursue an Internal Review by contacting us using the above email address. Your request will be considered by the Strategic Lead for Information Management who will update you with the outcome of the review.
If you remain unhappy following the outcome of your Internal Review you may wish to refer your case to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), details of this organisation can be found at www.ico.org.uk. Please be advised that the ICO will not consider your case until they have confirmation that you have already been through the Internal Review stage with the council.