1. Does your local authority have a policy to claw back money from schools with excess surpluses?
2. If so, what is that policy? Eg, does it apply to schools with a surplus worth x% of their income, or with a value exceeding a certain £?
3. How many schools had money clawed back from their surplus in each of the following years: 2018-19, 2017-18, 2016-17?
4. How many schools appealed the clawback in each of those three years?
5. How many of the appeals were accepted, in each of those years?
6. What was the total amount of money from schools' excess surpluses that was clawed back in each of those years?
Please see attached document Appendix A
You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes. However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.
Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information. Please email email@example.com if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.