Freedom of information response

Short-Term break Service (respite care) for adults with Learning Disabilities

Publication date: 
Tuesday 8 October 2019

We are interested in developing our Short-Term break Service (respite care) for adults with Learning Disabilities.

We are keen to make as many improvements to our services(s) as possible, in order to ensure that we are providing the best possible short-term care.
We would appreciate any view that you have so that we are able to provide a balanced view in relation to the following areas:

1.            Can bookings for your respite service be carried out online?

2.            If you offer activities at your respite service, what types of activities do you offer?

3.            What is the maximum length of stay per person that you offer?

4.            Do you accept short term care for person(s) leaving hospital?

5.            What do you consider to be working especially well in relation to the service(s) that you offer.

6.            What, if any, areas have you recently improved upon within your respite service?

7.            What, if any, new initiatives have you currently got in place / or are currently trialling out  
               within your service

8.            What are your current tariffs for your respite service?


1.  No

2.  Variety of activities including bingo, singers, pet activities, raffles.

3.  No maximum stay due to emergencies.    

4.  Yes

5.  Having bookable respite so people can book in advance.

6.  Increased the number of Interim / respite beds.

7.  N/A

8.  Between £474 and £600.00 per week.

You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes.  However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.

Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information.  Please email if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.

If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the council have managed your request you can pursue an independent review by contacting us at the above address and your request will be considered by the Information Manager who will update you with the outcome. 

You may also wish to refer your case to the Information Commissioner’s Office, details of this organisation can be found at . Alternatively they can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.

Request reference:
FOI 9383