Freedom of information response

Tenant Maintenance

Publication date: 
Wednesday 31 July 2019

1. On average, how many days does it take for you to turnaround a void property?
2. What percentage of repairs and maintenance jobs do you complete within the first appointment?
3. As of 1st June 2019, how many Fire Risk Assessments are overdue?
4. In relation to your property repairs and maintenance, what is your tenant satisfaction percentage?
5. On average, how many repairs and maintenance jobs does each of your operatives complete per day?


During the last financial year (2018/2019).

1.  26.6 days

2.  98.6%

3.  The housing department do not currently have any overdue fire risk assessments based against the housing departments fire safety policy.

4.  91.9%

5.  8.4 on average

With regards to commercial properties, the responsibilities of a landlord to a commercial tenant are not the same as those with a residential tenant. As such, we would not be able to provide answer to the most of the questions posed above.

However, it has been suggested that questions 3 and 5 would be related to Corporate Assets; Please see answers below:

3. All statutory compliance is the responsibility of the lessee of the commercial property and as such would not be the responsibility of the Council. The Council will provide an Energy Performance Certificate and advise of any asbestos containing materials within the property at the commencement of the lease.

5. The Assets team do not employ operatives. All maintenance work is outsourced. In most cases, the tenant is responsible for repairs of their property under the terms of their lease.

You are free to use any information supplied to you for your own use, including non-commercial research purposes.  However, any other type of re-use, for example, by publishing the information or issuing copies to the public will require the permission of the copyright owner.

Where the copyright is owned by Thurrock Council, you must apply to the Council to re-use the information.  Please email if you wish to re-use the information you have been supplied. For information where the copyright is owned by another person or organisation, you must apply to the copyright owner to obtain their permission.

If you are dissatisfied with the way in which the council have managed your FOI request you can pursue an Internal Review by contacting us using the above email address.  Your request will be considered by the Strategic Lead for Information Management who will update you with the outcome of the review. 

If you remain unhappy following the outcome of your Internal Review you may wish to refer your case to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), details of this organisation can be found at . Please be advised that the ICO will not consider your case until they have confirmation that you have already been through the Internal Review stage with the council.

Request reference:
FOI 9187