National Concessionary Bus Pass
Please do not apply more than 1 month before the date you are eligible.
If your bus pass was given to you because of your age, you don't have to apply for it to be renewed – we will send you a renewed pass when your current one expires.
There is no fee for new applications, renewals, changing your details or replacing stolen passes.
If you are applying to replace a lost or damaged pass you should check latest fee details on our lost, damaged or stolen bus passes web page. We do not accept cash or cheque payments.
For new and renewal applications, you will be asked to upload proofs of your entitlement at the end of this form. You can upload electronic documents, scanned documents or photos of documents. These must be clear and readable otherwise your application will not be accepted.
|Two proofs of address *
Recent utility bill, council tax bill, receipt of benefits letter, recent bank statement, driving licence, medical card, repeat prescription.
* If you provide one of the proofs of disability, below, you only need to provide one proof of address.
|One proof of disability, if applicable.
Document proving your current entitlement to either:
- the Higher Rate Mobility Component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- a Personal Independence Payment (PIP) with at least 8 points against "mobility" or "communicating verbally"
- War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
- Blue Badge for disability parking
- a letter from the DVLA refusing a driving licence due to your medical condition
Your entitlement must either have been for at least 12 months or be expected to continue for at least 12 months after this application.
|One proof of age, for new applications only
||Birth certificate, passport, driving licence or medical card bearing your name and date of birth.
|One photograph of yourself, for new applications only
||A passport-style photograph taken in the last 12 months, showing a close-up of your head and shoulders, looking forward, directly at the camera, without a hat.