Go to our coronavirus (COVID-19) safety page for information on visiting re-opened libraries. Items due for return between 1 January and 31 July have had their loan dates extended automatically – to 1 September for libraries that reopened in July, and to 2 November for other libraries. Please do not put borrowed items in library book drops or letterboxes.
Online at your library
You can get free access to online dictionaries as part of our reference library.
They can be accessed either by using computers in your local library or on your home computer.
Login to Oxford dictionaries and references by typing the letters THUR followed by your library card number, within the 'Library Card Login' box.
Dictionary and reference links:
- Very Short Introductions – research journeys across subjects
- Oxford Dictionaries – language guides
- Oxford English Dictionary – English language guide
- Oxford Bibliographies – authoritative research guides
- Oxford Reference Premium Collection – specialist reference works
- Oxford Dictionary of National Biography – life stories of historic people