We adopted a new development framework of plans in March 2016 to guide regeneration in and around Grays town centre. This framework was refreshed and re-adopted in November 2017.
The framework sets out opportunities for:
- new development
- the improvement of public areas
- creating new connections
- creating new public spaces
- creating new gateways to the town
It provides guidance:
- for our regeneration activities
- for private developers
- for the use of council assets – such as development sites – to support more expensive projects
For more details of the development framework and the decision to approve it, go to Cabinet meeting, 8 November 2017, item 57: Grays master plan.