As part of our development plan for Grays, we are proposing changes to our council offices.
We're proposing to add a new modern, energy-efficient building that would have:
- an improved customer service area
- a public café
- a Register Office with ceremonial gardens for weddings
- a new council chamber with a better public gallery
- meeting rooms for council and community use
- staff offices
It would also mean we no longer need the oldest part of the current building, and can build new homes there instead.
Overall we want to our offices to be better for residents, businesses and the community as a whole, helping to make Grays a better place for all.
You can read more about the proposals in the document below.
Have your say
You can have your say on these proposals by completing the form below.
The closing date for sending comments is Tuesday 19 February 2019.
You can also talk to the project's design team at these drop-in events:
- Wednesday 13 February, from 2pm to 4pm, at the council offices
- Thursday 14 February, from 5:30pm to 7pm, at the council offices
- Saturday 16 February, from 1:30pm to 3:30pm, in Grays Shopping Centre
The drawings below are an artist's ideas of how the extension might look. These drawings are also part of the full Civic Offices extension project proposals document.
Artist's view from the corner of New Road and High Street
Artist's view from Grays railway station
Artist's view of how the new building would sit next to current council offices