Building on its strengths as a chartered market town, Grays will be an exciting, high quality destination for people to live, work, learn, shop and socialise.
Reconnected to the River Thames, Grays will support growing resident, student and business communities throughout the day and entertain a diverse and vibrant population through the evening.
Cafés, bars, restaurants, shops and markets will combine with culture, entertainment and events in unique venues to provide a safe and attractive place for communities to meet and businesses to thrive.
Development in Grays town centre has the potential to deliver:
- new homes
- new shops and restaurants
- employment opportunities
- an evening economy
- a better railway station
- an attractive new riverside for residents and visitors
- a better connection between the town and the river
Five character areas
We've looked at 5 distinct areas of Grays.
- Town centre and station quarter – the urban heart of Grays Town Centre, which will provide its main leisure and retail focus
- Grays riverside – a major opportunity to establish an attractive and lively riverfront for Grays
- Town centre north – an enhanced location for smaller, independent and specialist retailers, local convenience shops, cafés and restaurants
- London Road and Hogg Lane – a lively residential hinterland to the town centre, reconnecting the centre with existing neighbourhoods to the west
- Seabrooke Rise estate – improvements to the physical environment of the estate
Contact us for more information on individual projects.