Our Warm Homes Fund programme helps property owners and private tenants to benefit from warmer and cheaper to heat homes.
We are offering up to 100% funding from the Warm Homes Fund to install gas central heating for owner-occupiers and private sector tenants who don't currently have it. We are working with Aran Energy Services to provide this programme.
To qualify you must:
- own your property or privately rent – not a council house or housing association property
- live near the mains gas supply
- not currently have a central heating system – a boiler and radiators
You must also be either:
- receiving a benefit
- spending more than 10% of your disposable income on fuel bills
- relying on your state pension to make up more than half of your home's income
This offer is available to any home in the borough that qualifies.
- grants are available for loft and cavity wall insulation, even if you have central heating
- our Well Homes scheme helps Thurrock residents to improve their home, health and well-being
Since October 2019, we have been contacting households that are not connected to the mains gas supply and have a poor Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of E, F or G.
If you are interested in this programme, phone our Warm Homes team.
: 01375 886 190