When you complete a benefit claim form we aim to process your claim by the next payment date after you provide the following 6 items. This process is called 'fast tracking'.
- proof of identity for you and your partner, if applicable
- proof of your National Insurance number
- proof of income for you and your partner, if applicable
- proof of income for anyone else who lives with you; including that of your children, or a grown up son or daughter, or other relative or friend
- proof of any bank accounts, building society accounts, savings, investments, any other capital, stocks or shares held by you, your partner or your children
- proof of your rent, if you pay rent to a private landlord or a housing association
Go to our page on proof you need to have for advice on providing these.
Waiting for evidence
If you can't provide all the proof we need for your claim, complete the form with as much information as you can.
We can start to process your claim but we can't pay benefit until we receive all the necessary proof, so you must send in the rest of the information within 30 days.
If you have a problem getting the information, tell us, as we may be able to give you longer to get it. We may ask for more information if we have any queries.