Private housing assessment

Private housing service request

Private housing matters are dealt with by:

Private Housing service
Thurrock Council, Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL


Recent service request

Please complete the form below.

Answer all questions or we will be unable to log your complaint.

Send us a copy of your tenancy agreement, together with any other information.

The completed form and any supporting documents will need to be sent to the private housing service e-mail box

We'll tell you when we get your documents.

Your agent/landlord will be contacted and told you have concerns with our service.  We will then plan to inspect the property. Hopefully your agent/landlord will contact us at this early stage so we can begin to work together to help solve the problems.

The private housing service works with your landlord to ensure basic housing standards are met, letting you remain in the property.  We do not help you move you to an alternative property or council accommodation.

If your enquiry is related to your tenancy agreement, rent deposit, debt advice, then the local citizens advice bureau may be able to help you:

Thurrock Citizens Advice Bureau
The Beehive Voluntary and Community Resource Centre, High Street, Grays, RM17 6XP

: 01375 389 527