How care is changing
Animate is a European scheme that encourages the exchange of skills, experience and knowledge between older workers, who have recently retired or are about to retire, and younger people. The scheme in Thurrock is aimed at social care workers and helps those who are:
- jobless or beginning work
- would benefit from learning from experienced workers
It is a 3-year programme from 2014, paid for from European funding.
How Animate works
Animate uses technology to help:
- pass experience and knowledge from older to younger generations
- older people feel useful when a long-term career comes to end
The Animate website enables:
- workers to be exchanged so staff from one organisation can be trained while doing useful work for the another organisation
- experienced and inactive workers to be hired by organisations to educate their employees and support their projects
Go to the Animate website.
The following are taking part in the Animate scheme with Thurrock Council:
- e-learning Studios, UK
- University of Geneva, Switzerland
- Biomedical Research Institute for Health, Lleida, Spain
- HI-Iberia Ingenieria y Proyectos SL, Spain
Go to the Animate project web page to find out more, or watch the video below.
Email us if you are interested in taking part in the programme, or have ideas about how it could work.