South East Creative, Cultural and Digital Support (SECCADS) is a programme of support for the creative, cultural and digital sectors across Thurrock, Essex, Kent, and East Sussex.
SECCADS has received £2.578 million of funding from the European Regional Development Fund as part of the European Structural and Investment Funds growth programme for 2014 to 2020. This will be match-funded with £2.578 million from a partnership of private and public sector sources.
About the programme
Between March 2019 and December 2020, the programme will help more than 370 companies and sole-traders with business support or grants, giving a £2.5 million boost to the creative economy in the south east of England.
SECCADS offers grants that cover up to 35% of individual project costs – typically grants are between £1,000 and £3,000 but can be up to a maximum of £20,000 if the project has a very strong business case.
The remaining 65% of project funding must come from private sources – for example, organisational profits, crowd-funding, trusts, foundations, a secured bank loan or personal contributions.
Grants to not have to be paid back – SECCADS offers equity-free investment.
Contact the SECCADS project team to find out how the programme could help you.
SECCADS is a partnership project between:
- Thurrock Council – the accountable body
- Essex County Council – the strategic partner
- Colchester Borough Council - delivery partner
- East Sussex County Council - delivery partner
- Kent County Council - delivery partner
- Medway Council - delivery partner
- Southend-on-Sea Borough Council - delivery partner
- University of Essex - delivery partner