Newlyweds and civil partners can apply in advance for a passport using their new name.
Go to GOV.UK: Passports for newlyweds and civil partners and download the application form (PD2).
Send the completed form by post to Thurrock Register Office, including a self-addressed stamped envelope and your daytime phone number.
Upon receipt, we will contact you to take a credit or debit card payment by phone, and will return the form to you once completed.
If you prefer, you can contact us to make an appointment.
The fee for this service is £35.
: 01375 375 245
- Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL
Ceremony and appointment addresses, depending on your booking:
- Thameside Complex, Orsett Road, Grays, RM17 5DX
- Civic Offices, New Road, Grays, RM17 6SL (entrance facing St Peter and St Paul's Church)
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm – all services
- Saturday morning – ceremonies only
Our emergency out-of-hours contact service can be used for emergency marriages or civil partnerships for terminally ill residents.