The nomination period for the Civic Awards 2020 has been extended until midnight, Monday 9 December 2019.
By extending the nomination period by seven days, local people, partners and businesses across the borough will have more opportunity to nominate their community heroes for one of 8 awards:
- Mayor's Lifetime Achievement Award
- Stronger Together Community Award
- Creative Excellence Award
- Sporting Achievement Award
- Environmental Champion Award
- Young Achiever Award (25 years old or under)
- Business in the Community Award
- Healthy Living Award
Achievements from within the last 18 months can be acknowledged in your nomination with our judges aiming to shortlist nominees whose work has had a strong and positive impact on the local community.
Nominations can be made online at thurrock.gov.uk/civicawards.
The black-tie award ceremony taking place on Friday 28 February 2020 at Civic Hall, Grays, is made possible through sponsorship from businesses and local partners. The main sponsor for this year’s awards is Rockfire Capital.