Over £300,000 is available from Thurrock Council to help local groups fund projects in their area.
The Community Environmental Development Fund is a capital fund and is open for new applications to improve street scene furniture; renew, improve or create a capital asset, or improve the appearance of the borough.
Application forms and guidance can be downloaded from thurrock.gov.uk/cedf
- meet a community need
- be value for money
- make a positive difference to the community
- be sustainable
- not require additional on-going financial commitments.
The applicant group must be able to raise 10% of the total capital cost as a match fund to the main grant.
Last year the fund helped 10 organisations to make improvements including:
- a new workshop to support people with mental health needs to access activities, groups and training
- improved facilities at Grays Beach Park.
Application workshops are being held to provide further information on the grants programme and how to apply. The dates and times for these sessions are:
- Corringham Library – Monday 5 March, from 2pm to 3:30pm
- The Fondu Sports Centre – Friday 16 March, from 10am to 11:30am
- Committee Room 2, Civic Offices, Grays – Monday 19 March, from 6pm to 7:30pm
Up to two representatives from organisations can attend any session. To pre-register, email email@example.com
The application deadline is 5pm, Friday 25 May 2018.