The nomination period for this year's Thurrock Education Awards have now opened, offering people across the borough the opportunity to recognise the fantastic work and achievements of those within education.
There are 11 award categories to choose from this year:
- Excellence in early years education
- Newcomer of the year
- Teaching and school support of the year
- Excellence in English or science, technology, engineering or maths (STEM)
- Excellence in sport and/or the creative arts
- Inclusive opportunities for skills development
- Mental health and well-being champion
- Teacher of the year primary
- Teacher of the year secondary and post-16
- Education leader of the year
- Going the Extra Mile (GEM)
Nominations for this year's awards can be completed online up to midnight on Sunday 15 May. Go to thurrock.gov.uk/education-awards. All winners will be announced at a special award ceremony on Friday 8 July at the Civic Hall in Grays.
Cllr Barry Johnson, Cabinet Member for Education, said: "The Thurrock Education Awards are back and we couldn't be happier to announce that nominations are now open for people across the community to recognise our education superstars.
"Those within our schools have endured tremendous challenges throughout the pandemic, constantly adapting to ensure our children and young people have access to a strong, high quality level of education and see them through one of the most difficult times of our lives.
"Our awards mean teachers, headteachers, support staff, governors, trusts or teams can all be nominated for their amazing effort, enthusiasm and talent as we celebrate their many achievements from over the past two years.
"This event would not be possible without our sponsors showing their continued commitment to education in Thurrock. A huge thank you to Thames Freeport, Greenergy, DP World London Gateway, Impulse Leisure, Palmers Solicitors, H W Wilson Ltd, Port of Tilbury, DG International, Strategy Education and Moore Kingston Smith for your support."