The winners of the annual Thurrock Education Awards were announced at a special ceremony on Friday 29 November.
Taking place at the Civic Hall, Grays, the ceremony brought together finalists from across 11 award categories to announce the winners and celebrate the amazing talents of colleagues across schools, early year settings and colleges in Thurrock.
More than 350 guests attended the black-tie event which is fully sponsored by local businesses across the borough, DP World London Gateway and Greenergy being the 2 main event sponsors this year.
The winners were announced as:
- Excellence in early years education, sponsored by Cruise and Maritime Voyages – Nicola Barrett, Benyon Primary School
- Newcomer of the year, sponsored by Strategy Education – Hannah Lebeze, St Clere’s School
- Teaching and school support of the year, sponsored by Palmers Solicitors – Jackie Shepherd-Ashby, The Olive AP Academy
- Excellence in English or science, technology, engineering or maths (STEM), sponsored by Greenergy – Year One Team, Arthur Bugler Primary School
- Opportunities in skills development, sponsored by ALM Training – Yuen-Man Yau, TCHC Group (The Consultancy Home Counties Group)
- Excellence in creative arts or culture, sponsored by High House Production Park – Cross Curricular Team, William Edwards School
- Mental health and well-being champion, sponsored by Moore Kingston Smith – Well-being Team, Belmont Castle Academy
- Teacher of the year primary, sponsored by DP World London Gateway – Nadia Kemel, Harris Primary Academy Chafford Hundred
- Teacher of the year secondary, sponsored by Port of Tilbury – Mark Harvey, Ortu Hassenbrook Academy
- Education leader of the year, sponsored by HW Wilson Ltd – Laura James, Abbots Hall Primary Academy
- Unsung hero, sponsored by Eternity Events – Bev Bennett, Ortu Corringham Primary School