With the September term having started again and everyone back to school, it's the perfect time to consider who you would like to nominate in this year's Thurrock Education Awards.
You can make a nomination in one of 11 award categories including:
- Excellence in early years education
- Newcomer of the year
- Teaching and school support of the year
- Excellence in English or science, technology, engineering or maths (STEM)
- Opportunities in skills development
- Excellence in creative arts or culture
- Mental health and well-being champion
- Teacher of the year primary
- Teacher of the year secondary
- Education leader of the year
- Unsung hero
The nomination period closes at midnight on Monday 6 October with winners being announced at a special ceremony on Friday 29 November.
Cllr James Halden, Cabinet member for education, said: "The awards are always a thrilling event to celebrate the talents of our most hardworking, committed colleagues across our schools and settings.
"Nominations are open for just 2 more weeks, giving parents, colleagues and young people the opportunity to recognise those whose contributions have made a great difference. Whether it's a teacher, head teacher, member of support staff, governor, trust or team, you can get involved and nominate them in this year's awards."
For more information and to make a nomination today, go to thurrock.gov.uk/education-awards