With the new school term starting, it's the perfect time to consider who you would like to nominate as part of this year's Thurrock Education Awards.
There are 13 award categories to choose from:
- Outstanding early years practitioner
- Outstanding new teacher
- Aspiring leader
- Innovative and creative teaching
- Education support
- Excellence in English
- Excellence in science, technologies, engineering and maths (STEM)
- Promoting career pathways and apprenticeships
- Governing board, trust or member
- Cross-school collaboration or community partnership
- Teacher of the year in primary education
- Teacher of the year in secondary education
- School leader of the year
The nomination period for this year's awards closes on Saturday 22 September, with the winners being announced at a special award ceremony on Thursday 22 November at the Civic Hall in Grays.
Cllr James Halden, portfolio holder for education and health, said: "The Thurrock Education Awards are one of my favourite times of the year, bringing together some of the best individuals and teams from schools and early years settings across the borough to recognise and celebrate their achievements in the past year.
"Whether it's a teacher, headteacher, member of support staff, governor, trust or team, you can nominate them in this year's awards and recognise their amazing effort, enthusiasm and talent.
"I would like to thank all of our sponsors for making this event possible and for showing their continued commitment to education in Thurrock – DP World London Gateway, Thames Oil Port, ALM Training, Strategy Education, Kingston Smith, HW Wilson, Port of Tilbury, Palmers Solicitors, High House Production Park, Print Warehouse, Impulse Leisure, Cruise and Maritime Voyages and Athene Communications."
For more information and to make a nomination today go to thurrock.gov.uk/education-awards