An exciting timetable of classes provided by Thurrock Music Education Hub is available for children, young people and adults across the borough who are interested in developing their musical skills.
Thurrock Music Education Hub provides the music service to local schools. It provides a range of lessons and activities throughout the week for people of all ages, skill levels and musical abilities.
The exciting weekly schedule of out-of-school classes, to which all are welcome, includes:
- Monday – Rock School, which runs from Ortu Gable Hall Academy
- Tuesday – Gospel Choir and Youth Orchestra, which runs from High House Production Park
- Wednesday – Music School, with individual lessons available for a range of instruments at Woodside Primary Academy School
- Thursday – Percussion School, which runs at High House Production Park
- Saturday – Music School with individual lessons available for a range of instruments at Ortu Hassenbrook Academy
Cllr Barry Johnson, Cabinet Member for Education, said: "Whether you're a beginner, more advanced, or someone who’s been playing an instrument for years, our Thurrock Music Education service provides an exciting way for you to develop your skills in a fun and supportive setting.
"We are particularly eager to invite more residents across Thurrock to join our Rock School event, letting you be part of Thurrock's very own 'School of Rock' and learn instruments including electric guitars and the drums. Our Saturday Music School lessons offer individual, tailored sessions with a music professional for a range of instruments.
"For those who many not own an instrument but are interested in the offer, the Thurrock Music Service also offer a large number of quality musical instruments for hire at competitive rates. The service looks forward to broadening their roster and welcoming fresh faces from across the community."
Prices and availability for music services may vary. For further information on the service and to book your place, go to thurrockmusic.co.uk