All the family can enjoy the great outdoors this May half-term by taking part in free, fun park activities.
Following the successful 'Active Parks' Easter programme, which saw more than 300 people participate in events during the Easter school holiday, borough parks will host free morning and afternoon sessions from Tuesday 28 May to Friday 31 May – subject to weather conditions.
Thurrock Council's Active Parks team is organising various sports and crafts activities to suit demand on the day that continue to boost residents' connection with nature, the outdoors and Thurrock parks. Sessions will be held at:
- Corringham Recreation Ground – Tuesday 28 May, from 10:30am to 12:30pm
- Horndon on the Hill Recreation Ground – Tuesday 28 May, from 2pm to 4pm
- Dilkes Park, South Ockendon – Wednesday 29 May, from 10:30am to 12:30pm
- Delafield Road Park, Grays – Wednesday 29 May, from 2pm to 4pm
- Parker Road open space, West Thurrock – Thursday 30 May, from 10:30am to 12:30pm
- West Thurrock Memorial Ground – Thursday 30 May, from 2pm to 4pm
- Orsett Heath – Friday 31 May, from 10:30am to 12:30pm
- Grays Town Park – Friday 31 May, from 2pm to 4pm
Posters promoting the morning and afternoon sessions will be put up on park noticeboards in advance. No booking is necessary, residents can turn up on the day.
To volunteer at these sessions or to offer suggestions for future events or activities in your local park, email firstname.lastname@example.org
In addition to the sessions above, local friends of park groups also organise activities in parks. Keep an eye out for other events near you.
For more information go to thurrock.gov.uk/activeparks