A series of dementia-friendly film screenings are coming to the Thameside Theatre in Grays.
The theatre's Beautiful Minds cinema club provides dementia-friendly film screenings so that people living with dementia can spend quality time with their loved ones and carers in a supportive environment without the anxiety that visiting the cinema might cause.
A variety of films are lined up for everyone to enjoy and tickets are just £5, which includes refreshments and entertainment prior to each screening.
The latest screenings are:
- Florence Foster Jenkins (rating PG) – Wednesday 27 March
- Little Miss Sunshine (rating 15) – Wednesday 17 April
- The Student Prince (rating U) – Wednesday 29 May
- Pillow Talk (rating PG) – Wednesday 26 June
- An American in Paris (rating U) – Wednesday 31 July
- On Moonlight Bay (rating U) – Wednesday 25 September
- By The Light of the Silvery Moon (rating U) – Wednesday 30 October
- GI Blues (rating U) – Wednesday 20 November
Doors will be open from 12:45pm for each screening, with entertainment from 1pm before the films start at 1:30pm.
Refreshments during the interval break include tea and cake, and are included in the ticket price.
To book, please visit thurrock.gov.uk/theatre or by call the box office on 0345 300 5264.